This year I planted spring onions in a container. I forgot to stagger the planting so I have a LOT of spring onions, problem is what to do with them, so in keeping with the ten small things theme:
1. Share some with neighbours and mom.
2. Egg salad sandwich.
3. Marinated with lime, ginger, chile, salt, olive oil and grilled as a side dish.
4. Garnish for meatless enchiladas.
5. Chop and store in olive oil with some seasoning to use as a condiment.
6. Scallion pancakes.
7. Experiment with the claim that the roots will regenerate. Post results on later blog.
8. Vietnamese Pho soup.
9. Use in a sandwich with some low fat cheese, tomato, salt and pepper.
10. Make them the focus of a blog post and ask for other ideas.